Help Conserve Water
While our water supply is still adequate, we ask that our customers remain vigilant in their efforts to use water wisely. There are days when our well is pumping close to 24 hours a day. With our area of California experiencing extreme drought conditions, everyone needs to do their part to conserve this vital recourse. We appreciate our customers making an effort to reduce water usage wherever possible.
What can you do to cut back on water usage?
- Cut back on lawn irrigation. Lawns are often watered more than they need.
- Irrigate your lawn or landscape 3 days a week from 9:00pm to 7:00am only. Watering in the evening or early morning reduces the evaporation and allows your lawn and plans to supply themselves with water before the heat of the day.
- Don't hose off sidewalks, driveways, and other hard scapes. Sweep these off instead.
- Make sure hoses have automatic shut-off nozzles, particularly those that are used to wash vehicles.
- Make sure decorative fountains are using recirculated water.
- Make sure lawns don't have excess runoff after watering and that all sprinklers are in good working order.
- Don't water within 48 hours of measurable rainfall.